Wednesday, October 9, 2013

i been slackin. bad!

Gonna work backwards...for whatever reason. Because it's interesting. Because I want to.

On page 143, talking about different kinds of critiques, I zoned in on the "cause and effect critique" or the formal analysis, specifically for this image:
 The first thing I noticed looking at this was that it was in multiple..."layers", I want to say (because photoshop and illustrator are making me dream about layers and layers and layers). The two at the front on the right are separated by the light post dividing the whole image by half, and the line even continues all the way to the bottom with the shadow.

Now look to the left. I know it's the same scene, but it looks so well divided to a point that I'm almost convinced theyre somewhere else, like the lamp post is a door.

... too many portal based TV shows. hahaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment