Tuesday, October 1, 2013

+




i don't know what happened but here it is.

we were told to start out with three numbers or letters, and while i had no idea, i've been trying to envision a tattoo for myself based off of the vector-style images on the chapters of the book Peter Pan, by J.M. Barrie. i eventually came up with "FFC" for Fly, Fight, Crow. In the film Hook, a twist on the original story (I'm sure you've all seen it. RIGHT???), Rufio, Peter's replacement after he left, chanted fly fight crow as the mantra for the Lost Boys.

I curved out most of the sharp edges, but left some in because I liked the aesthetic. I wanted to keep most of the vectors soft, and some of these, especially the middle with the "mop" effect in the back was actually an accident.

the color choice was my default choice... my favorite color is purple, so I ended up using shades of purple.

I originally intended to do something a little sky colored -- I've been taking a lot of pictures of clouds lately and was wondering if I could use that as a "color", but I think that's more photoshop based, and it never happened anyway.



1 comment:

  1. What characters did you start with? Provide us with a little statement, please. :)

    ReplyDelete